Are you an avid camper or someone new to camping, looking to head out on an adventure? Well, If you’re on the lookout for beautiful destinations to explore in the UK, then look no further than the South West; with few destinations offering as many picturesque spots, unforgettable destinations and irresistible food and drink pit stops across the counties of Dorset and Somerset.
If you are unsure of where to start, never fear, Beehive Storage is here! In this blog, we will provide some top tips on the best places to go and unmissable things to see and do when visiting these popular areas.
Stunning Beauty Spots
The best way to start any adventure is with a few ideas in mind of where you want to visit. If you plan to embark on your latest adventure In the South West, then we’ve got you covered with a few ideas of places to visit!
- Weymouth Beach is a great place to go. It is family-friendly and even has a plethora of cafés to choose from!
- If you are in and around Taunton area, then Vivary Park is a popular attraction to visit; from elegant streams and beautiful views, to live music and events!
- Barrington Court is a Tudor manor house in Somerset. With glorious garden rooms and expansive grounds, Barrington Court is a great day out for all the family!
The Best of Walking and Cycling
- Cheddar Gorge is one of the most famous walking trails in Somerset. Being 400ft deep and over 3 miles long, it is unlikely to find another place like it. Filled with stunning greenery and large cliffs, it may just be the best place you ever see.
- Triscombe Circular is an extremely scenic and popular walking route for hikers around the country. Filled with different terrains and views and suitable for many age ranges and fitness levels.
- Old Harry Rocks are home to breath-taking views of the chalk cliffs and the Jurassic coast. There are many walking routes that you can take, allowing you to adapt them to your needs and wants.
The Perfect Pitch
Across the southwest, there is a plethora of campsites where you can pitch a tent or park your caravan for a few nights; all with their own quirks and picturesque settings!
- In Dorset lies the world-famous Durdle Door. Luckily for you, right next to it is a 4-star caravan site! Durdle Door holiday park has many features fit for any family, including a children’s adventure playground and an on-site shop!
- Buckland Farm Camping is a 4.8 Star campsite in Taunton. Being both family-friendly and Dog friendly, Buckland Farm Camping has many facilities to ensure you are comfortable, from hot showers, to charging stations for electronic devices and much more – It’s even dog friendly!
- Pedruth Paddocks is a 4.6 Star campsite located in Somerset. This campsite has many facilities to cater to your needs, from showers and toilets to a pot wash and water points. Surrounded by rolling countryside, you will struggle to find a place more idyllic.
Best Restaurants in the South West
After all those activities and family fun, you are going to be hungry! The question is, where should you go to eat? That’s where we come in!
- One of the best restaurants in Dorset is The Guildhall Tavern. This restaurant dates to 1751 and hosts a wide range of international cuisine for you and your family to enjoy!
- In Taunton, Ciao Amore holds a 5-star rating from over 500 people, serving an array of Italian dishes. From pizza to calamari, this restaurant is sure to cater to you and your party’s requirements!
- Tamborino is an Italian steakhouse in Somerset. Hosting a plethora of different cuisine and menus, it is a great choice if you fancy a bit of international cuisine!
What to do When you finish your holiday
Once you have finished your wonderful, relaxing holiday, it’s never too long before the stress of reality takes back over. So, what do you do with your caravan once you have finished your adventure? Well, first thing’s first, give it a final clean and wipe down, and ensure there are no perishables left inside. Then, let us here at Beehive Storage relieve the stress of trying to figure out where to store your caravan. We have recently introduced an option for caravan storage at our Dorset site. Here you can leave your caravan in a trusted, safe environment until you require it to embark on your next adventure – It’s that easy!
To further enquire about storing your caravan with Beehive Storage, give us a call on 01258 861100, or email us at email@example.com!